Everyone is talking about Going Green these days. It is time that we must act responsibly and go green.
We can simply follow these simple steps to GO GREEN:
Everyone is talking about Going Green these days. It does not mean painting the house green or wearing green clothes it simply means changing the way we live small steps at a time. There is a great need to pay attention to the following fact:
- Burning of petrol, diesel, coal and gas to generate electricity and power produces heat trapping gases that cause global warming.
- Cutting and blazing innumerable trees each year is responsible for 20-25 per cent of all carbon emissions. We are cutting rainforests at the rate of 100 acres per minute.
- About 20 species of plants and animals become extinct every week.
- 30% of the water used in most homes is flushed down the toilet.
- Plastic waste thrown into the river or sea kills close to one million water creatures yearly.
- A laptop consumes five times less electricity vs.. a desktop
- Pesticides are causing irreparable diseases.
- Tissue paper consumes 60 millions trees yearly.
- Slow moving traffic contributes eight times more air pollution as compared to traffic moving at regularly.
- A dripping faucet consumes over 20,000 Liters of water in a year.
Is this what we are going to handover to the generations of the future? It is time that we must act responsibly and go green. We can simply follow these simple steps to GO GREEN:
- Turn off the faucet when brushing your teeth and soaping your hands. This can save 11,000 liters of water per person per year.
- Energy-saving light bulbs last around ten times longer than ordinary light bulbs
- A plant on your desk would act as a natural filter, absorbing pollutants & computer radiation while replenishing oxygen levels.
- Walk for shorter distances instead of using car or scooter.
- Try and switch to organic crops.
- Minimize consumption of plastic bags and bottles.
- Recycle paper, gifts, wraps and bags
- Switch off lights when not in use and don’t leave equipment in sleep mode.